Tuesday 19 March 2013


I want to write about God in a simple down to earth way. The reason I want to do that is I believe in a 'down to earth' God. I expressed it in this poem:

My God's a down to earth God
A feet on the ground
Sweat on the brow God.

No up in the sky
Head in the clouds God
A proper down to earth God.

My God's a down to earth God
A smell of stable
Pricked by straw God.

No distant, aloof God
A dust on his feet
Tried out and tested God.

My God's a down to earth God
A real hands on
Making men whole God.

No unfriendly, life denying God
But a water to wine
Breaking bread God.

My God's a down to earth God
A nailed to a cross
Pierce him, he bleeds God.

Not dead and defeated
But a risen again
With us today, oh so alive God.

_________________
Have mercy on me, O God, in your great goodness; •
according to the abundance of your compassion
blot out my offences.

No comments:

Post a Comment